Forums Archive Index > Outdoor Power Equipment > Snowblower Impeller Modification Kit?

Author: mellon1

Date: 20 Nov 2006 10:01 am

Hello,
I've heard from friends about some sort of snowblower modifcation kit. Specifically, there are attachments that go on the impeller. Apparently, this helps increase the distance that snow can be thrown. I believe these attachments are designed to reduce the space between the impeller blades and the housing that they spin within, somehow increasing the throwing distance. :o

Is there anyone here who has heard of, or tried this, who could comment? Is it a bad idea to tamper with this stuff? :?:


Author: OldToroOwner

Date: 20 Nov 2006 10:07 am

Ask...and you shall receive!!.... :P

http://www.opeonthenet.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1003

I have no experience with these kits, IMO... I wouldn't risk attaching something to my impeller.
With my luck, it would fly off and hit my car or worse, someone walking down the road!! :lol:


Author: mellon1

Date: 20 Nov 2006 10:20 am

Thank you sir.. ..

You're probably right.. I should stick to the old adage "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" . Murphy's Law always has a way of finding me. :wink:


Author: Majorxlr8n

Date: 20 Nov 2006 10:20 am

I have installed at least a dozen of Clarence's kits on customer machines, and a kit on my own MTD. It DOES increase throwing distance & also throws slush a bit further instead of just having it dribble out of the discharge chute.

OTO brings up a good point - I use Red Loctite on the screws so that there a MUCH reduced chance of the SELF LOCKING nuts loosening up.

Marty


Author: mellon1

Date: 20 Nov 2006 10:48 am

Major,
Are there a lot of parts that need to come off in order to install this modification? How is it installed in a nutshell?


Author: jubol

Date: 20 Nov 2006 11:38 am

Mellon 1,

The kit comes complete.

I installed on on my 03, 10 HP MTD blower.

It took about 2 hours for me to install it, not hard. to do

It increased blowing distance about 30 %.

It also thru slush about 20 feet.

You may not get the same results as you may have wetter snow or slusher slush!!!

I have a 11.5 Husky blower, all ready have the kit, just waiting for warranty to run out!!!

Fred :lol:


Author: mellon1

Date: 20 Nov 2006 12:23 pm

Jubol,
I thought I read on another forum somehere that this kit can be installed by simply removing the snow-chute. Is this your understanding of the installation as well?


THanks


Author: jubol

Date: 20 Nov 2006 1:48 pm

Mellon 1,

I took the chute off.

It is tight getting each plate and rubber on each impeller blade.

But it can be done!!!

I got it where it should go, clamped it tight, then drilled one hole, bolted it up.

Then, removed clamp, drilled 2 more holes and bolted it tight!!

Had to do it 3 times, then finished!!

Fred :lol:


Author: mellon1

Date: 20 Nov 2006 1:49 pm

great... thanks for the info :D


Author: jubol

Date: 20 Nov 2006 2:21 pm

Mellon 1

I sent you a PM on this site, please check your mail.

Fred


Author: Majorxlr8n

Date: 20 Nov 2006 4:55 pm

All you usually need to remove is the discharge chute for drilling the holes. Having a "smaller" 3/8" drill will allow for the drill body to fit in the discharge HOLE. The hardest part is trial fitting the paddles to see where they need to go. Then mark the holes. Repeat on the other impeller fans. Bolt on each paddle, holding straps & hardware. Like Fred said, its a good 1.5-2 hour project.

Marty


Author: robmints

Date: 20 Nov 2006 6:06 pm





Best add on you can do to your machine besides a light (if it does not have a llight)

They work very well. They are easy to put on MTD's especially because most MTD's have an access panel that can be removed. Matter of fact I just remove the chute carrier/access panel and leave the chute bolted to it. Then lay the whole assembly off to the side (cause the deflector cables and chute rotation handle are still connected). But it gives you plenty of room to drill your holes. It might take an hour or two but it is not difficult. If you can drill holes in a 1/8 piece of steel you will have no problem. I think I remember ending up with some c clamps and a pair of vise grips and a block of wood or two laying around to put away when I was done.

They work great, i have heard nothing but good things about Clarence. I don't think you will be disappointed.


Author: robmints

Date: 20 Nov 2006 6:09 pm

Oh yeah.

Don't blame Clarence for my machine. I got stuck in a bind and needed to make some out of a tractor tire and some plates. Take my advise and just pay the $30 and get the real deal.


Author: newjerseybt
Subject: Impeller bearing question........

Date: 20 Nov 2006 6:34 pm

I have no idea how well an impeller is balanced from the factory but wouldn't adding rubber and a bunch of bolts put a possible strain on the impeller bearing since this is not a precision balanced modification? :tc:


Author: Majorxlr8n
Subject: Re: Impeller bearing question........

Date: 20 Nov 2006 6:50 pm

newjerseybt wrote:
I have no idea how well an impeller is balanced from the factory but wouldn't adding rubber and a bunch of bolts put a possible strain on the impeller bearing since this is not a precision balanced modification? :tc:

All the components should be fairly even in weight. What about all the frozen snow that might accumulate on one or two impeller blades?

NOT to worry here IMHO!

Marty


Author: ramit

Date: 20 Nov 2006 7:26 pm

Marty's right.

I've gotten clumps of ice or what ever stuck on one blade of the impeller, and never noticed it till I was done for the day, and stopped and went to clean out the machine.


Author: billy1

Date: 20 Nov 2006 7:28 pm

I just put this kit on my 5-24 Murray Select blower a couple of weeks ago. It took roughly 2 hours to complete the install. I had to remove the chute, and used a drill bit extension.

Now I'll I need is some snow to test it out !!


Author: mellon1

Date: 21 Nov 2006 6:49 am

Majorxlr8n wrote:
All you usually need to remove is the discharge chute for drilling the holes. Having a "smaller" 3/8" drill will allow for the drill body to fit in the discharge HOLE. The hardest part is trial fitting the paddles to see where they need to go. Then mark the holes. Repeat on the other impeller fans. Bolt on each paddle, holding straps & hardware. Like Fred said, its a good 1.5-2 hour project.

Marty


Marty,
Great installation description and tips; this will come in handy when installing. :wink: Also Robmints, thanks for the pics... It's nice to get a visual to get some idea of things. :D


Author: newjerseybt
Subject: Paddle Kit..

Date: 21 Nov 2006 3:17 pm

OK..I'll go with the logic regarding balance.

I just thought of another advantage of this system that was never mentioned. I just looked at my Ariens and notice a mark where at least one rock was caught between the edge of the impeller and the housing which caused a tiny crease to bulge out to the outside of the housing.

I'll bet that an impeller kit would have prevented this from happening.


Author: newjerseybt
Subject: Ordered the kit...

Date: 21 Nov 2006 3:44 pm

Just for the fun of it I ordered the kit. It should squeegee slush better
from my housing even though the machine does throw dry snow 45 feet already.

Snowblower goes out of warranty in 4 days anyway.


Author: EGreen

Date: 21 Nov 2006 6:19 pm

I'll see what my blower throws like when out of warranty, but I must say, after adjusting the belt a bit, I got all my brand new blower throw power back. Those things stretch overtime, need to be re-tensioned. I may simply be to lazy to add this kit...you know until the blower is 10+ years old and really needs help throwing, then again THF chutes seem to help even the old blowers out (Garandmans restoration for example).


Author: SnowPro

Date: 22 Nov 2006 1:24 pm

NO QUESTION.........the sweetest thing you can do to your snowblower. Quite honestly, I won't run one without this kit. No unbalance, no throwing the things out of the chute, or stuff like that.
Currently, the ONLY blower on the market today that WON'T benefit from this kit is a Honda. There tolerance is much tighter, everyone else has quite the gap between the impeller and the housing.

Get one, you will not regret it....especially if you have to move slush.

Tip: you may have to lower your chute, as you might just end up filling in your neighbours drive if you don't! :wink:

Ken
:bigok:


Author: newjerseybt
Subject: Customizing the impeller blade

Date: 22 Nov 2006 1:48 pm

I am going one step further. :idea: I am going to use one of those "wood contour" devices (with all the tiny pins) to get the exact shape of the housing which will enable me to mark and grind the rubber flaps. This will ensure a perfect fit with less "break in". :)

Now all I have to do is hope custom agents in Canada won't slow down my delivery.


Author: mishka

Date: 22 Nov 2006 5:00 pm

SnowPro wrote:
NO QUESTION.........the sweetest thing you can do to your snowblower. Quite honestly, I won't run one without this kit. No unbalance, no throwing the things out of the chute, or stuff like that.

Ken
:bigok:

at first I was skeptical about it but now ......does it really worse the trouble? in my case 1 kit can use for 2 snowblowers because AC have only 2 pedals on impelor :super:

Quote:
Currently, the ONLY blower on the market today that WON'T benefit from this kit is a Honda. There tolerance is much tighter, everyone else has quite the gap between the impeller and the housing.

not exactly on the market...but nevertheless Allis Chalmers I got throw slush AND water sometimes across the street if chute oiled and belt tight . That with auger installed backwards :oops: ....sorry at the time I didn't know the difference


Author: TheKneebiter

Date: 23 Nov 2006 12:05 pm

I installed one of these on my Ariens 1128dle PRO . I ordered it from Clarence and had it in a flash . The install was not hard at all . I removed my chute which was very easy as I only need to remove 3 bolts to get it off . I then placed the rubber up to the fan and found I needed to trim just a touch off the rubber and the metal brackets which took less than 5 min . Next I placed the rubber to the fan and marked the holes on all 4 blades . Then drilled the holes . I then used POR Patch which I got from WWW.POR15.COM on all the holes I drilled . It is like black tooth paste so I used a small brush and put it in the holes and brushed it on the fan blades where the rubber would sit . Next I put a dab of the POR on the bolts and put them in the holes then put the lock nuts on . Moved to all 4 blades and did the same . Took a total of 1 hour to do . And I took my time . Used a Dewalt cordless drill and had no problem getting in the chute to drill the holes . Once done I started it up and pulled the clutch . It made a weird noise and smelled like burning rubber for a minute or so then the rubber seated . I recommend the kit highly . As far as the POR15 Patch It is just a thick paint that stops and kills rust . Once dry it gets hard as a rock . So i figured putting it in the drilled holes would stop any rust and puting it on the threads would stop the nut from ever coming loose unless I want to remove them for any reason . I dont think you will regret it if you get the kit . :)


Author: dave___in___ct

Date: 23 Nov 2006 4:27 pm

Hi...

My BCS 1-stage snowblower attachment has factory rubber paddles on the auger... click the photo to see one of 'em...




Seems to work well for a single-stage !



Dave...


Author: mellon1

Date: 24 Nov 2006 7:45 am

TheKneebiter wrote:
I installed one of these on my Ariens 1128dle PRO . I ordered it from Clarence and had it in a flash . The install was not hard at all . I removed my chute which was very easy as I only need to remove 3 bolts to get it off . I then placed the rubber up to the fan and found I needed to trim just a touch off the rubber and the metal brackets which took less than 5 min . Next I placed the rubber to the fan and marked the holes on all 4 blades . Then drilled the holes . I then used POR Patch which I got from WWW.POR15.COM on all the holes I drilled . It is like black tooth paste so I used a small brush and put it in the holes and brushed it on the fan blades where the rubber would sit . Next I put a dab of the POR on the bolts and put them in the holes then put the lock nuts on . Moved to all 4 blades and did the same . Took a total of 1 hour to do . And I took my time . Used a Dewalt cordless drill and had no problem getting in the chute to drill the holes . Once done I started it up and pulled the clutch . It made a weird noise and smelled like burning rubber for a minute or so then the rubber seated . I recommend the kit highly . As far as the POR15 Patch It is just a thick paint that stops and kills rust . Once dry it gets hard as a rock . So i figured putting it in the drilled holes would stop any rust and puting it on the threads would stop the nut from ever coming loose unless I want to remove them for any reason . I dont think you will regret it if you get the kit . :)

Knees,
Thanks for the installation description and tips. :D

Well folks, thanks for all the responses to my original post. It looks like there's a resounding "2 thumbs-up" for these impeller kits... I just hope I still have 2 thumbs once I'm finished the installation. :lol:


Author: HGK

Date: 24 Nov 2006 3:47 pm

Well after the installation you have to wait for some snow...right


Author: mellon1

Date: 29 Nov 2006 9:28 am

Hello,
I received Clarence's Impeller Kit in the mail yesterday. :D Though, something occured to me when reviewing the instructions...

I presume that the kit's fins (rubber and metal) are installed on the front face of the impeller? I'm not sure how define "front" face exactly... I guess what I mean is, the face (side) of the impeller which is carrying the snow.


Author: newjerseybt
Subject: Installation

Date: 29 Nov 2006 9:42 am

I would think the flaps should be installed on the side throwing the snow.

If you installed it on the opposite side, the rubber would bend and the snow would "leak through" the gap.

BTW...I am on my 8th day...no kit yet :? ...maybe I'll get a delivery today.


Author: mellon1
Subject: Re: Installation

Date: 29 Nov 2006 10:32 am

newjerseybt wrote:
I would think the flaps should be installed on the side throwing the snow.

If you installed it on the opposite side, the rubber would bend and the snow would "leak through" the gap.

BTW...I am on my 8th day...no kit yet :? ...maybe I'll get a delivery today.


Thanks Jersey... Yeah, that's what figured as well, but I wasn't sure.

My kit took about 4 business days to arrive. However, I live in Canada, as does Clarence, so perhaps your's is still hung up in Customes for a little longer.


Author: jubol

Date: 29 Nov 2006 1:35 pm

Mellon 1,

With the chute off, look at the impeller .

Impeller rotates clockwise with you standing in the operators position

As it comes up to throw, kit goes on the side that you see.

Fred :lol:


Author: newjerseybt
Subject: The kit arrives!

Date: 30 Nov 2006 6:55 pm

I finally got my Clarence impeller kit via Airmail!

Tonight I will drill and install the kit so that I am ready to throw.....tropical humid air. Temps in the low 60s today.

Not a snow cloud in sight.... :(


Author: mellon1

Date: 2 Dec 2006 12:22 pm

I'm just taking a lunch break. I'm in the process of installing the kit. The installation is much more trouble-some than I anticpated. :cry: Whoever said that this is only ~ 1.5 hr job must be on drugs, or installs these kits on a regular basis. :P

It's difficult to fit your hands and drill into the chute hole. As well, the damn impeller wants to turn whenever I attempt to drill. I can't seem to find anything adequate to hold it in place while drilling. :(

I drilled the first hole and installed the first bolt through the kit. However, when I drilled the other 3 holes, I discovered that a couple of the holes were too close to a impeller-support bracket, beneath the impeller blade. While the bolts could fit through the hole, the nuts didn't have enough room to fit on the bolt because the impeller-support was interfering with it.
:oops:
What a BEE---ATCH!!! :x

I then had to drill 4 more holes to avoid coming too close to the impeller bracket and then re-install the first kit fin. Then the darn drill bit broke...Again! :x I'm on my way to the hardware store to get another, longer bit.... Stay tuned.


Author: jubol

Date: 2 Dec 2006 1:24 pm

mellon 1,

Make sure and disconnect the spark plug wire, key out.

Then lash the auger drive handle down, when you have the impeller where you want it!!

The impeller should stay where you want it now!!

Fred


Author: newjerseybt
Subject: Impeller installation.

Date: 2 Dec 2006 1:31 pm

Mine was also tough and took over 3 hours to install mainly because I take my time and I am a fanatic on getting the best fit possible. I do have decades of experience on all sorts of mechanical things. Experience in working just on "feel" is very important when installing these paddles as you cannot see the tips of the bolts when trying to get the nuts on.

My problem was in the indentation in the impeller blade itself. Ariens does this to strengthen their blades. The problem is the rubber paddles need to be 3/8" longer and then cut to fit. That would allow the installer to place
the bolts directly in the center of the impeller indentation.

The indentation causes the bolts to bend if you overtighten them which is what happened to me on 1 bolt. I used a spare from the kit. The bolts should be hardened which will partly solve that problem. I may change them out. The lock nuts should hold though.

Using tin snips to cut the brackets caused them to deform so I hammered them flat.

The blades did try to turn while drilling but I held the impeller with one hand when drilling. I also used plenty of oil on the bits which caused the shaving to stick everywhere. I used a one handed auto-punch to mark the holes. Then used a pilot drill first, then the correct bit.

When I was done I brought the machine outside and poured a watering can full of warm water with dish detergent through the chute to wash the shavings away so to prevent grinding up the chute housing. Keeping the housing wet also kept the rubber from burning while the paddles wore in.


Author: mellon1
Subject: Re: Impeller installation.

Date: 2 Dec 2006 5:08 pm

jubol wrote:
mellon 1,

Make sure and disconnect the spark plug wire, key out.

Then lash the auger drive handle down, when you have the impeller where you want it!!

The impeller should stay where you want it now!!
Fred


Thanks Fred, I would never figured that out. I'll give it a try. :)

Drilling, by far, is that worst part of this whole job. The other part is tightening the bolts. I had tried various types of wrenches\ sockets, until I found a combination that worked efficiently. Because of the lack manoeuvrability inside the chute hole, the bolt-tightening process is very incremental. I know there are all sorts of fancy wrenches that can configure various ways for tight working areas... Unfortunately, I only have the basic set. :(


newjerseybt wrote:
Mine was also tough and took over 3 hours to install mainly because I take my time and I am a fanatic on getting the best fit possible. I do have decades of experience on all sorts of mechanical things. Experience in working just on "feel" is very important when installing these paddles as you cannot see the tips of the bolts when trying to get the nuts on.... .

Yeah, I'm hour #6 of the installation and I only have 2 out of 3 paddles installed thus far. :oops:

newjerseybt wrote:

My problem was in the indentation in the impeller blade itself. Ariens does this to strengthen their blades. The problem is the rubber paddles need to be 3/8" longer and then cut to fit. That would allow the installer to place
the bolts directly in the center of the impeller indentation.

The indentation causes the bolts to bend if you overtighten them which is what happened to me on 1 bolt. I used a spare from the kit. The bolts should be hardened which will partly solve that problem. I may change them out. The lock nuts should hold though.

Using tin snips to cut the brackets caused them to deform so I hammered them flat....


Yeah, I'm experiencing the same problem, so I bent the metal paddle, as best I could, to shape it to the impeller blade.

newjerseybt wrote:

When I was done I brought the machine outside and poured a watering can full of warm water with dish detergent through the chute to wash the shavings away so to prevent grinding up the chute housing. Keeping the housing wet also kept the rubber from burning while the paddles wore in.


That's a good tip, I'll keep that in mind. :D

Anyway, I had enough of this project for today.... I figure I'll tackle it again tomorrow or Tuesday. :)

Thanks again for guys for the advice.


Author: jubol

Date: 2 Dec 2006 5:30 pm

mellon 1,

It is a pain to install, that I know!!

You must have a small opening!!!

However, I think that when you use your blower this winter, you are going to think it was well worth the pain in the A^& installition!!!!

Fred :lol:


Author: TheKneebiter

Date: 2 Dec 2006 7:56 pm

Wow , I honestly did not have that much trouble at all . Maybe my 1128dle ariens has a bigger opening . I did not snap my bit which surprised me as I alway seem to snap bits . I used a small shop vac to suck up all the drilling particles . Hope it goes easier for you tomorrow .


Author: mrmom

Date: 2 Dec 2006 9:24 pm

Hey Mellon, what blower are you mounting the kit on? Am not sure if you posted it in a prevoius post. Am curious as to why you have a hard time accessing and working on the auger blades.


Author: mellon1

Date: 3 Dec 2006 1:36 pm

mrmom wrote:
Hey Mellon, what blower are you mounting the kit on? Am not sure if you posted it in a prevoius post. Am curious as to why you have a hard time accessing and working on the auger blades.

Im' putting it on a 14 yr old Toro (model # 624). I think it's a 6 hp 28 inch cut. What a pain this has been . I hope it's worth all the effort at the end of the day.

To make matters worse, the pull-cord now doesn't seem to be working properly... :x I pull it and get no resistance at all. It just pulls and retracts easily without turning over the engine.... It's odd, because when I test started it last weekend, for the first time this year, it worked absolutely fine. :? I'm wondering, if perhaps, the way I had the blower tilted back on it's handle-bars during the installation of the impeller kit, has anything to do with the pull-cord problem? I posted a new topic on the pull cord problem. :roll:


Author: SnowPro

Date: 3 Dec 2006 1:55 pm

Remove the starter assembly and lube the pawls. Sometimes they get gummed up with age. Hopefully that does it for you.

Ken
:)


Author: mellon1

Date: 3 Dec 2006 5:39 pm

SnowPro wrote:
Remove the starter assembly and lube the pawls. Sometimes they get gummed up with age. Hopefully that does it for you.

Ken
:)


Thanks, Ken,I sort of fixed it. See my post under "Pull Cord Problem".. It's probably worth a laugh, if nothing else. :pound:

On another note, I managed to get the impeller kit installed. A total of 8 hrs! I think the hardest part of the job was the drilling. Perhaps my drill was inadequate for the job, but each hole took about 10 mins to drill. I'm not a drill expert; I never had occassion to drill through metal before, so I'm not sure if this is reasonable. :? As I mentioned in a previous post, the lack of working space inside the chute made installation of the bolts extremely tedious as well.

I'll have to wait for a snowfall to see if it was all worth it.Thanks again folks for the continued help\ advice with this project.


Author: TheKneebiter

Date: 3 Dec 2006 7:03 pm

Are you sure you were using a metal bit and not a wood bit ? If you were then it was most likely dull .


Author: SnowPro

Date: 4 Dec 2006 10:01 am

TheKneebiter wrote:
Are you sure you were using a metal bit and not a wood bit ? If you were then it was most likely dull .

:D
As I was reading this I came to the same idea. :wink:

Ken
:)


Author: ramit

Date: 4 Dec 2006 10:11 am

Even if using a metal bit.. still need a slower speed and some cooling is nice. Some WD40 works well.


Author: SnowPro

Date: 4 Dec 2006 11:00 am

ramit wrote:
Even if using a metal bit.. still need a slower speed and some cooling is nice. Some WD40 works well.

I'll second that!

Ken
:gj:


Author: mellon1

Date: 4 Dec 2006 1:57 pm

SnowPro wrote:
TheKneebiter wrote:
Are you sure you were using a metal bit and not a wood bit ? If you were then it was most likely dull .

:D
As I was reading this I came to the same idea. :wink:

Ken
:)


No, it was a metal bit for sure. I had been thinking the same thing while I was drilling. I wonder if it might have been the drill itself? It's one of those re-chargable kinds. Don't recall the bran off-hand.


Author: SnowPro

Date: 4 Dec 2006 2:08 pm

mellon1 wrote:
SnowPro wrote:
TheKneebiter wrote:
Are you sure you were using a metal bit and not a wood bit ? If you were then it was most likely dull .

:D
As I was reading this I came to the same idea. :wink:

Ken
:)


No, it was a metal bit for sure. I had been thinking the same thing while I was drilling. I wonder if it might have been the drill itself? It's one of those re-chargable kinds. Don't recall the bran off-hand.


Ahhhh...for me, when I am drilling steel, I use the electric drill, my 13.8 cordless doesn't seem to have the stuff to drill serious steel.
Ken
:)


Author: billy1

Date: 5 Dec 2006 7:54 am

Well, I got a chance to put the new Impeller kit to the test on my 5HP-24" 2 stage Murray. We received about 7-8 CM of snow overnight and I was out this morning clearing it off the driveway. The snow was a slushy consistency that use to present issues without the kit (because the low snowfall amount and the slush). Well.............I'm happy to say it threw the OED slush 100% better.

It use to clog on the least bit of slush, but today it worked great ! It threw the wet snow that coverered the rest of the driveway about 50% better. All in all, the Kit was a great success. I can't wait to try it out when we get enough snow that will load the machine properly.

I recommend this Kit to anyone who is "sitting on the fence" about purchasing it.


Author: bbwb

Date: 5 Dec 2006 9:32 am

I find that the wood bits don't drill very well and tend to smoke alot....at least they can be sharpened in a pencil sharpener or with a utility knife :D

bbwb


Author: SnowPro

Date: 5 Dec 2006 11:31 pm

bbwb wrote:
I find that the wood bits don't drill very well and tend to smoke alot....at least they can be sharpened in a pencil sharpener or with a utility knife :D

bbwb


I guess the door was open for that one to come in! :P

Ken
:lol:


Author: SnowPro

Date: 5 Dec 2006 11:34 pm

billy1 wrote:
Well, I got a chance to put the new Impeller kit to the test on my 5HP-24" 2 stage Murray. We received about 7-8 CM of snow overnight and I was out this morning clearing it off the driveway. The snow was a slushy consistency that use to present issues without the kit (because the low snowfall amount and the slush). Well.............I'm happy to say it threw the OED slush 100% better.

It use to clog on the least bit of slush, but today it worked great ! It threw the wet snow that coverered the rest of the driveway about 50% better. All in all, the Kit was a great success. I can't wait to try it out when we get enough snow that will load the machine properly.

I recommend this Kit to anyone who is "sitting on the fence" about purchasing it.


Glad to hear that you are happy with the kit so far. You can rest assured that it will last you a long time and perform great. I use them on my commercial machines and they stand up great.

Ken
:)